With an influx of hooligans, criminals, and muggers, seemingly deciding to make random attacks a regular occurrence there is a rash of martial arts classes. Some offer great instruction at reasonable prices and if you follow their martial arts techniques closely, you will be in a much better position to defend yourself.
On the other hand, you cannot learn every single martial arts technique even though you spent the rest of your life studying martial arts. This form of art has been around for thousands of years and has branched off into so many subdivisions and sub-categories that no single person can master them all. However, there are many living masters of particular martial arts moves. Moreover, if you are in the market of learning self-defense, then a few simple moves is all you will really need.
Of course, you can spend your life studying the various forms of martial arts such as karate, jiu-jitsu or hand-to-hand combat, but you still might not learn how to defend yourself in the case of a violent and random attack. The reason for this is that all the different types of martial arts are good for their distinct purpose. For example, one style may be a wonderful tool for fighting on the ground but is relatively useless when it comes to fighting someone who has a weapon. Alternatively, it could be the perfect fighting position for standing up but lacks any practicality when it comes to fighting on the ground. Consequently, that is something that you need to take into account if you are looking to learn to defend yourself.
Many people are choosing to learn hand-to-hand combat as an effective tool for self-defense. This particular fighting strategy is based on several simple moves that can be learned by anyone. This style borrows from many other types of martial arts but it only uses the most severe and punishing moves. With this type of training, someone who weighs only 100 pounds can quickly learn how to take down an attacker with one hand. Since this type of self-defense does not rely on past knowledge of these arts, it is a great tool for anyone. The moves are simple, easy to learn and most importantly, extremely effective.
Although there are many different types of martial arts techniques used in close combat training, they primarily are based around using your opponent’s weight against them. By using the simple laws of gravity to your own advantage, anyone can learn how to knock a predator to the ground. One of the main martial arts moves that is taught in close combat training is the claw. This is an especially popular move for women who are looking to defend themselves. It simply involves pushing upwards on the chin of your opponent and pushing their head backward.
Explosive Martial Arts Techniques
Have a look at the following techniques if you would like to learn more about some powerful and diverse martial arts techniques that can save your life in the event of any violent situations that you may encounter today.
· Trap your attacker: Trapping your opponent prevents them from raising their limbs and effectively keeping them from hitting you. During this time, use your available limbs to strike your opponent while they are incapacitated and ensure that you grasp your opponent’s arms and hold them tightly to their thorax.
· It is a common belief that the Taekwondo style kicks to the head and face and head are ineffective in harming your opponent. In an actual fight, never allow your opponent to cause you to become imbalanced or knock you over, as that gives them the ultimate advantage. Also, avoid kicking so high – simply focus on the knees, groin, and shins.
· Focus your attacks on the body parts that are most vulnerable to injury or damage. If you are attacked, forget about having a ‘good, clean’ fight. You need to use all your resources to take your attacker down, be it punching the throat, kicking at the groin, biting, scratching, and whatever it takes to emerge victorious. The streets do not have a standard to follow when you are attacked.
· Do not do anything too complex and remember to defend yourself by blocking attacks and keeping a good distance. Ensure that you move close and stop the punches that are directed to you, but keep everything within a distance where you can deflect or block it.
Dangerous Martial Arts Techniques to Avoid
With so many teachers and classes, there are bound to be some con artists who do not know what it is they are doing. They make all sorts of claims, stating that they are grandmasters and that everything they teach is guaranteed to work. This would be all fine and good only for the fact that their super-secret techniques are more likely to hurt you than your opponent. Here are some techniques that you should avoid at all cost.
· Blocking a strike from an extremely hard object such as an iron bar using your forearm. You do not need to be an expert in the fields of biology and physics to know that blocking an object that is far harder than your arms and traveling at a fearsome velocity is not going to end well for you. The real outcome will see your arms broken, leaving you as an easy target for the attacker. The smart option in this instance is to move away from the object before taking the opportunity to catch them off balance and deliver some damage of your own.
· Avoid arm tangling: Learn to react smoothly and cleanly if you want super-efficient martial arts techniques. Your aim is not to make each of your techniques to look or feel special when practicing solo but to favor moves that are clean in their execution.
· Trying to kick a knife out of the attacker’s hand: If you are trying to learn martial arts and have a teacher that gets their students to do this then walk right out the door. First, the kick will have to be incredibly accurate as you are aiming for a very specific target. Secondly, the knife would need to be held quite loosely and you had better believe that a thug with a knife would be clinging onto it for all that he is worth. Finally, you are more likely to miss and be cut. A better way to deal with a knife attack is run if you can. If not, wait for them to make their move then avoid or block their arm.
· Martial arts techniques such as the ‘touch of death’ must be avoided like a plague. A forceful palm strike to the nose is more likely to get you injured rather than prove fatal to your opponent. Again, excellent accuracy is required otherwise; your wrist will end up connecting with their teeth, which will be painful for both parties. Hitting them on the chin or ear is more effective and will result in less damage.
If you decide to learn martial arts from a school be sure that they don’t teach you any of these preposterous techniques. Teachers that do should not be taken seriously and you should walk away. Instead, find a class that teaches you the basics as these alone will give you an advantage over a thug in a street fight.
Notwithstanding, you must use all the force you can muster, but if done correctly, it will knock them straight down. In most cases, once the predator is knocked over, they will not continue to chase. Therefore, this gives you a perfect time to run away. First, they will not want to attract attention and risk being caught and second, their confidence has been shattered. Therefore, there is no longer a need to fear what lurks in the dark. Learn how to defend yourself.